Tuesday, 4 November 2008
Well, um I guess this holiday is well, holiday??? Going back to Grandma house in Malaysia during band break. I just look forward to it, kampong life is so peaceful and quiet. I would think twice about bringing my instrument there and practice...I can imagine me, playing William Tell early in the morning even before the Rooster coos, WTH lol. And before I know it, neighbours would come with brooms and mops lol? Or maybe its just reading, reader's digest, more and more inspirational books. Yes, EXERCISE, yeah, have been sticking to my routine, well forcing myself. I seriously have to slim down and build up my stamina. Yeah, I'm doing it for the sake of making better music:) But most often, it's music and more music, auditions and more auditions and more concerts(nice ones I mean like SSO and Yong Siew Toh Conservatory Ensemble). I'm striving to improve la, so that maybe I can be like Loo Kit or Wen Rong someday. Loo Kit was given scholarship to study at Boston Conservatory of Music, COOL!!! And last Saturday's tutorial was fun, Mr Pek told us lots of sotries about his past and I asked questions till I cannot ask. I asked things like why we slur normally have unwanted sounds, how to practice double tongue etc. I've learnt another thing from Wen Rong la, that is to ask. Mr Pek was correct, our school is paying him to teach us, why not grab the chance to learnt as much as possible from him? Well haha, anyway, ALL THE BEST FOR WENRONG FOR HIS A LEVELS (that is he ever reads my blog during this period of time, haha) Yeah, and I sort of stumbled upon this damn virtuoso video of Lang Lang, bloody hell, how people like them memorise long 40minutes concerto??? I guess its practice and more practice, like what Bertram said. I'm so glad I have such wonderful band teachers, instructors and seniors. I'm so fortunate and I'll make use of this chance to learnt as much as possible. Like Mr Pek, secondary school period is the most memorable period in our lives yeah? Gtg practice, I promise I'll work hard fro O level music auditions, I want to impress and people have been pressing me "must pass hor!" yeah I know I will. And I think Lynette passed her auditions. I seriously think so, yeah another SYO member soon if she gets in. And I think I'll try for it next year. It doesn't matter if I fail, just treat it as a life lesson, nobody's perfect yeah? So anyway, all the best to all those having O Levels and A Levels :) I hope most of the alumnis can come for the CCHMCB Trumpet Section Bbq la, cause Alan would be back by then. Woots, if that happens, it would be a gathering of all ages!!! Lol?